There are many survey sites in Australia, but not all are worth your time. Here are the best paid online surveys in Australia so you can get paid for your time and effort.
Taking surveys for money is an easy way to make extra cash in your free time.
Survey companies work with big brands and businesses to get consumer feedback about their products, services and marketing campaigns. In return for your opinion, they pay us (survey takers) cash or rewards.
However, not all paid survey sites in Australia are created equal. Some online surveys for money Australia are a waste of time (pay pennies or are full of scams), while there are a few surveys that pay well for your effort.
To help you find the best paid surveys in Australia, I’ve compiled a list of legit online survey sites for Aussies based on their track record and paying potential.
This website contains affiliate links which means we may earn commissions if you purchase through them (no extra cost to you). You can read our policies here.
My Top picks for Best Survey Sites Australia for 2022
In a hurry? Here are the best Aus paid survey sites to get started in 2022.
- Highest earning potenital in Australia: Octopus group
- Best over all (world wide): Swagbucks
- Highly rated: Survey Junkie
Related reading: Best cash back sites In Australia to save money shopping
Best paid online surveys for money Australia
There are many legit online surveys in Australia you can join. The best way to get started with paid surveys is to sign up for at least 4 to 5 paid survey sites and test them as each survey app is different.
What works for me may not work for you.
Here are the best online surveys Australia for money:
1. Octopus group
Octopus group is one of the top 10 best-paid surveys in Australia (and New Zealand) and the number on this list.
When I joined the Octopus Group, I made $16.04 within just one hour of using this platform. They pay around $0.28 per minute (equals $16.80/hr) for taking surveys. It is indeed one of the highest average payout rates I have ever seen.
- Trust factor: 100% Australian company that has paid over 4.3 million in rewards to over 200k members.
- Number of surveys: Limited surveys which fill out very fast.
- How to join: Joining Octopus Group is free and easy. You can sign up with Octopus Group here. Create an account and fill up your details so the system can find good surveys that match your profile.
- Payment method: You can get a direct deposit into your bank account or choose a discounted gift card. They have many gift cards you can choose from (Like Coles, Myer and Woolworths).
- Minimum to cash out: $20
You can also make money by referring your friends to Octopus Group. For each friend you refer, you can make up to $20. That’s a sweet bonus on top of the high survey payout.
2. User Interviews
User Interviews is my favourite top paid survey site (and focus study group). It’s a great platform to get paid for your opinion on various topics.
I have made over $600 on this platform, sharing views on products I use at home (or for my work).
They don’t have a lot of surveys, but the ones they send always pay well. You can expect to receive around $75/hr to $250/hr based on your profession and expertise.
- Trust factor: They work with big brands like Adobe, Amazon and Pinterest. I have done over 10 studies with them and got paid on time. You can read my User Interviews post here for more information.
- Number of surveys: Limited and fill quickly.
- How to join: Sign up with User Interviews here. It’s free to join and you will receive extra $10 for participating in any study. Once you sign up, fill in your details and keep an eye on emails for studies that match your profile and demographics.
- Payment method: Choice of gift card.
- Minimum to cash out: No minimum as such. These all are high-paying studies.
3. Survey Junkie Australia
Survey Junkie is one of the most popular survey sites in Australia, the US and Canada. It was launched in 2011 and currently has over 10 million active members.
With a 4.4 out of 5 start rating on Trustpilot and a 4.33/5 rating on BBB’s user site, Survey Junkie stands out as the highest-rated survey site.
It is best known for bite-size paid online surveys, but it also offers many other ways to make money, such as focus studies and product testing.
You can make around $0.50 to $50 per survey, depending on the length and topic of the survey.
- Trust factor: 100% legit company with millions of members
- Number of surveys: Many options.
- How to join: Signing up is free and easy. Just create an account here and verify your email (verifying gets you free bonus points).
- Payment method: For every survey, you will receive points. 100 points are equal to $1. You can cash out your points via PayPal or with e-gift cards.
- Minimum to cash out: 500 points ($5)
4. Swagbucks Australia
Swagbucks is another well-known survey site with its presence in almost all countries, including Australia and USA.
To this date, it has already paid out over $732 million in cash and gift cards to its members. That’s a huge number!
Just like other cashback sites in Australia, Swagbucks also offers a decent cashback for your online shopping. If you are new to Swagbucks, you also receive a $10 signup bonus after spending at least $25 at one of your favourite stores.
- Trust factor: 4.3/5 stars on Trustpilot, 4.3/5 stars on Google Play and 4.4/5 stars on Apple play.
- Number of surveys: Plenty of options to make money
- How to join: Join here for free and verify your account to get a $5 joining bonus. (You will miss the free bonus if you don’t verify your account).
- Payment method: Swagbucks pays you in points called Swagbucks (SB), which you can redeem for gift cards or get cash through PayPal. 100 SB equals $1.
- Minimum to cash out: 500 SB ($5)
5. Opinion Inn
Opinion Inn is a newish paid survey site that allows you to earn money for sharing your opinion. You can expect to earn $3 to $20 per survey, depending on the length and topic of the survey.
Although new, it has a good reputation and pays members for completing online surveys. You can get $10 just for signing up for an account and providing your basic information like your age, gender, and location.
- Trust factor: 4.5/5 stars on Trustpilot
- How to join: To join, you must be 18 years old and provide some basic information about yourself. Sign up for Opinion Inn here and register to get $10.
- Payment method: Opinion Inn only uses PayPal to send payments
- Minimum to cash out: High minimum payout of $25
6. ipsos-iSay Panel Australia
Previously known as My view, Ipsos iSay is a panel owned by Ipsos. Ipsos is a global research firm founded in 1975 with over 17,500 employees in more than 100 countries.
On average, it conducts more than 70 million interviews a year!
As a surveyor, you can earn points for taking paid online surveys and can expect to earn $1-3 per survey.
- Trust factor: Isay is backed by Ipsos- one of the oldest research companies.
- How to join: Like other survey sites, you can join Ipsos for free. There will be a registration form for you to fill out. It includes general questions about you so the panel can send surveys that match your profile.
- Payment method: 100 iSay points equal to $1. You can redeem these points for e-gift cards or physical gift cards.
- Minimum to cash out: Depending on the reward, the minimum threshold to request a payout for iSay points ranges from $10 to $20.
7. Toluna Influencers
On Toluna, you can earn up to $30 by spending about an hour completing surveys and other tasks like participating in polls, playing games and testing products.
Toluna is another legit and high-paying paid survey site that allows you to share your opinion and get paid for it.
Some of the other things that make Toluna one of the best-paid online survey sites in Australia include high survey payouts and the ability to receive up to seven surveys in a single day and earn 500 points for each friend you refer (And I got another 1,000 bonus points for completing my first survey).
You also have the chance to win prizes through sweepstakes drawings.
- Trust factor: With an A+ rating in the Better Business Bureau, Toluna is a legitimate, well-established survey and rewards company (since 1994) with millions of members.
- How to join: To participate in a survey using Toluna, go here to create an account. You’ll be asked to provide basic information and receive a confirmation email. After completing the registration process, you can begin participating in surveys.
- Payment method: You can redeem your points in PayPal, Direct Deposit, or get a gift card from over 100 brands.
- Minimum to cash out: $10
8. Pure Profile
If you are looking for a survey that pays cash, you should sign up for Pure Profile. With this Australian survey site, you can earn up to $8.20 per survey.
It also pays you for watching videos and completing other micro tasks.
Some of the other things that make Pure Profile worth the try are the ability to receive up to seven surveys in a single day and earn 500 points for each friend you refer. You also have the chance to win prizes through sweepstakes drawings.
- Trust factor: Well-established survey site with 4.2 stars on g2 and 4.3 stars on the App Store.
- How to join: To participate in a Pure profile survey, go here to create an account. You’ll be asked to provide basic information and receive a confirmation email. After you’ve completed the registration process, you can begin participating in surveys.
- Payment method: PayPal, direct deposit, gift cards
- Minimum to cash out: $10
9. Valued Opinions
Launched in 2004, Valued Opinions is one of the top paying survey sites for Aussies that allows you to share your opinion and get paid for it.
You can expect to earn up to $7 per survey, depending on the length and topic of the survey. Typically, these surveys range from 10-20 mins.
With over 3 million members, Valued Opinions also pays you for testing products at home.
- Trust factor: Valued Opinions is a part of one of the world’s largest first-party data and insight platforms with 4/5 stars on Trustpilot.
- How to join: To sign up, you have to complete a short registration form and activate your account.
- Payment method: Gift vouchers from brands like Woolworths, Coles or Bunnings etc.
- Minimum to cash out: $10
eyankimediaWhat to know if you take online surveys in Australia
Doing surveys for money is a great way to make some extra cash, but there are a few things to keep in mind.
When you sign up for any paid survey site, you will be asked to provide some basic information about yourself. It helps companies to send surveys that match your profile, so be sure to provide accurate information.
Creating a separate email address
I would suggest creating a separate email address for surveys to avoid clutter in your personal inbox (but do check it often so you don’t miss high-paying survey offers).
This goes without saying that surveys won’t make you rich. But if you’re looking to earn some extra cash, paid surveys are a great way to do it. They are not a replacement for a full-time income. Here are some legit ways to make money in Australia.
How to know if a Survey site is a scam
There are a few things to keep an eye out for when looking to get paid for surveys in Australia. I would recommend sticking to trusted ones like those posted above, but if you want to explore further, here are some things to look out for:
- Avoid any site that asks you to pay a fee to join.
- Promises high pay for very little work (or doesn’t require expertise).
- Asks for your personal information like social security number.
- Looks very new with no reviews or history of payments.
- Pays too little or makes it hard to cash out.
Related reading: Best side hustle apps for side jobs
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) – paid online surveys australia
Which paid Survey Sites Are Legitimate In Australia?
Yes, all the survey sites mentioned above are legitimate and pay you for completing surveys or other money-making offers. Once you meet the payment threshold, you can request a payout and get paid for your efforts.
How Much Can You Make Doing Aus Paid Surveys?
Paid online surveys are a way to make extra money in YOUR SPARE TIME. These are in no way a replacement for a full-time income. Depending upon the survey app and type of survey, you can expect to earn anywhere from $20 – $100 per month participating in a few surveys in a week.
What is the highest paying survey site in Australia?
Of all the survey sites in Australia I have tried, Octopus Group is the highest-paying online survey site and app. They pay up to $16 per hour for surveys, which is significantly more than other paid survey sites.
What is the best paid survey site in Australia?
The answer to this question depends on what you’re looking for in a paid survey site. If you’re looking for the highest-paying paid survey site, then Octopus Group is the best-paid survey site. If you’re looking for a paid survey site that offers a lot of short surveys, then we recommend Survey Junkie and Swagbucks (for more income options).
Ready to get paid for surveys in Australia?
Surveys are one of the ways to make some extra pocket money on the side, but they are not a replacement for a full-time income.
If you’re looking for more ideas on how to make money online, check out our list of legit jobs and business ideas.
- Real ways to make money in Australia
- Best jobs for stay at home moms
- Best free work from home courses
- Craft business ideas to start from home
We would love to hear from you! Leave us a comment below if you have any questions or suggestions.